Thursday, April 26, 2007

Are There More Cho’s To Come?


If some reports of the world press are to be believed psych drugs could be the reason behind Cho’s mindless killing in Virginia Tech. Shocking but it could be true.

Are meds to blame for Cho's rampage?
Experts say psychiatric drugs linked to long list of school shooting sprees

What is more shocking is that increasingly school children in US are being given psychiatric drugs. Why? Did you know - that the schools receive $400 for each child that is diagnosed as ADHD???

Whats ADHD or Attention Deficit Disorder? - In 1980, the so-called Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD), which amounts to little more than a list of behaviors, was voted into existence as a mental illness by the American Psychiatric Association, so it could be included in the psychiatric billing Bible known as the Diagnostic & Statistical Manual for Mental Disorders, DSM.

In 1987, an H was added to the label and the illness became, "Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder." Within one year, 500,000 children in the US were diagnosed with this cash-cow disorder.

On February 10, 2006, the Drug Safety and Risk Management advisory committee said that ADHD drugs should carry the strongest warning label that they may be linked to an increased risk of death and injury.


Here is a first hand account from Linda Danek -

However, here is something interesting. Did you know that the schools receive $400 for each child that is diagnosed as ADHD??? I will post the article shortly.

This really hits home to me personally. I experienced this crap when my son was in junior high. The school thought he was attention deficit and needed an evaluation. So off to the psychologist we go. Ten minute councel with both his father and I (we are divorced) and of course the diagnosis is that he is. Then off to the Psychiatrist so he can prescribe Ritalin.

My son was thrilled as he now was on drugs like most of his friends. His father thought great, insurance covered it and we won't have to deal with anything. Problem solved. I thought, "Something just doesn't seem right." However, I went along with their program for awhile.

To make a long story short, something inside of me bothered me about this whole situation. I went to every session with my son and the Psychiatrist for the little visits for the "med check."

One day, something clicked inside of me and I called the doctors office and I told them I would be over immediately for the transcripts of our visits. I told them it was an emergency.

How interesting it was that the transcripts of our visits were not of what actually took place in our sessions. The whole thing repulsed me. I slowly weaned him off this medication.

In the end, what I want to say from my own experience is that our son road the roller coaster of a divorce and break up. Of both a mother and father focusing on making a living instead of making a life. Our son was like a little bobber on a turbulent sea.

It is interesting how at one time he scored as a genius on school tests and then later was diagnosed as ADHD with a learning disorder.

This is my personal story. Thank you for listening. Below is the article that I would like for you to read.

Sincerely,
Linda,
WI USA


And just to reiterate, the point to be highlighted during recent killing in NASA is - He was unmarried, had no children and apparently lived alone. Another case of induced ADHD?

No comments: