Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Creativity: Gone..Forgotten...What is it?

What in the name of the good lord do you think are these? - Laptop , Novel, Kangaroo, Flash, Rock'n Roll, Chocolate..No its not some guessing game devised for my toddler but some actual film names from the malayalam industry!

"What's in a name? A Rose Is a Rose is a Rose is a Rose" said the famous bard and our film makers decided to take it utmost seriously I suppose. For where else would you find such ridiculous names for movies.


Now sample these Kannada film titles - 35 out of 100, Jolly Days, Bombaat, 10th class A sec, PUC, Satya in Love Hahahah
While am not asking for something very profound such as the "Quantum of Solace" but even it can be something as simple yet meaningful as "Kill Bill" please.
Now don't think Tamil & Hindi movies fare any better. Its just that I am unable to make myself to even come to list the ones in other languages.

So do we call this lack of creativity or taking creativity to its extreme? I dunno but I wish a little more thought is put into the selecting Titles of films afterall these are going to go down the film archives.

No comments: