Friday, September 18, 2009

Nestle Baby Food Is Not Safe! - says Greenpeace


I saw this mail mentioning 'baby food' and instantly my alertness quotient skyrocketd. This was the message it contained:

Nestle food products (including baby food) are fairly popular in India, but I just found out something about their policy for the products they sell in India, and it's shocking.
Nestle has actually admitted it would use genetically-contaminated products in the food it sells in this country.
But what's more shocking is that this is the same Nestle that dare not sell genetically-tainted food in EU, Russia or Brazil.
Are Indian people less human? Are we guinea pigs and lab rats? Are we less deserving of safe food than citizens of other countries?
This has got to change, and it has to change now! That's just why I've told Nestle Chairman Antonio Waszyk to come clean on the products his company sells in my country.
Just click here to join me in demanding safe, GM- Free food from Nestle. And thanks for your support!

Thanks again,

****************************************

A few quick google searches I found several articles corroborating this fact. It stuns me that a company & a brand as trusted as Nestle could do this. I sure don't want to feed my baby stuff which is an experiment for someone else.

Hope Nestle's paying heed. We don't want GM stuff.

2 comments:

Anushruti said...

I have a 6 1/2 month old baby and I stay away from Cerelac and the like. Thanks for this post. People in India need to be more aware and as parents we need to take the first step of shunning GE products or else we will continue to be treated as guneapigs.

Whiterays said...

Hi Anushruti,

Sorry to respond late. Have been caught up in loads of things and could'nt find decent net time till now.
I did feed my lil boy cerelac but that was then, when I didn't know about GM foods in Nestle products. Totally agree with you. Need to stand up against such ethicless corporates.