Thursday, May 17, 2007

Who said the Brits don't have a sense of humour??

America's conservative evangelist Jerry Falwell died on Tuesday. He was 73.

Jerry Falwell was known for his fundamentalist Christian teachings. He faced a lot of flak when he announced that the popular children's program Teletubbies was a bad influence on children as its cheerful central character - Tinky Winky was gay!

Expending his theory in an article called 'Parents Alert: Tinky Winky Comes Out of the Closet', he said: "He is purple - the gay-pride colour; and his antenna is shaped like a triangle - the gay-pride symbol."

So here is the condolence from Tinky Winky to Rev. Jerry Falwell - BBC ishtlye

Teletubbies member Tinky Winky issued a statement today on the passing of Jerry Fallwell.
'I have to confess, Rev Falwell was correct. I am a homosexual, and my true goal on teletubbies was to promote my lifestyle to infants in their formative years. I would like to announce also, that I am Jewish, and the anti-Chirst. Rev Falwell was your last chance. You mocked him, and now you're mine. Rev Falwell is the only worthy adversary I ever had '


BBC, Dateline May 15 2007

RIP.

No comments: