Sunday, June 17, 2007

My Appa Passed Away

Since June 4th, my life has changed forever and it can never be the same again. I lost my dad.

Death is so very sudden and completely devastating. Life seems so empty and for once you clearly see how useless the rigamarole of this materialistic world is. Its so painful to think that I wouldn't be able to see or hear my dad once again, wouldn't be able to give him a hug and tell him he meant the world to us. How I wish there wasn't this finality to death.

Am crying as I am writing this, appa.

One minute we were one whole happy family and overnight it changed forever. They say time is a healer but can anything ever fill the void that has been created? I doubt.

3 comments:

Shree said...

Really sorry Shwetha...My deepest condolences and may god give you and your family the courage to tide over this moment of grief..I know its mere words, but, I hope it can be a small balm to help you get over your pain..Take care.

Anonymous said...

My condolences...May God bless his soul.

My personal experience on this subject. I lost my mom a decade ago. There is not a day that I donot think of her or miss her.

However I feel that she is now in a better place than here, free of all pains and worries that bogs us mere mortals. SO that is a small consolation.

A piece of advice for you.

Make your Appa part of your daily life even now. Talk to him the way you would have when he was with you. Seek his blessings daily. And do the things that would make him happy. If his happiness is you being happy...then be happy.

And CRY a lot, it makes you feel better.

Whiterays said...

Thank you for those soothing & kind words.