Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Best of 2008


Its the year end once again and time for a roundup of all the major events. While the TV channels and newspapers will jog your memories with the launch of Nano & Bindra winning India its gold at the Olympics or the Mumbai terror, I will here post a personal update of this year as it was for me.

# To start with, this was the year of the birth of my son. Wow! Nothing can beat that.

# We came close to clinching a deal with a US company & getting to be their Indian arm of their operations but lost it at the nick of the moment. But looking back now it may have been for the good since it might have taken from me my precious time which otherwise goes for my little one.

# Hubby dearest gifted me with a laptop - a HP Pavilion DV6500. Yet to actually put it to use though.

# One of the hardest moments was when I had to come away from my mother's after delivery. Hmm one can never do without one's mom.

# So many many occasions..right from my Seemantham (baby shower) and then the birth party we threw for all my relatives, my baby's first temple visit, his naming ceremony, the cradle ceremony, the ceremony that celebrates first time he crawled & crossed the doorstep and so on and so forth. Each one as memorable as it can come by.

# No salary month-on-month in the bank so no unwarranted spendings. And for the first time, since a very long time had to depend on someone (despite he being very generous, I must say) :)

# And again, without any doubt the birth of my son made 2008 the most memorable year of my life.

Happy New Year to One & All...:)

No comments: