Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hindi Movie Songs: Best of 2009

Its just October yet here is Top 5 list of my favourite songs from Bollywood movies. It has not been a very tough list to come up with considering the crop of movies released this year.

#1 Tum Mile - Emraan Hashmi invariably ends up with a great song to his name. A very lucky guy indeed. This melodious number sung by Neeraj Sridhar has me completely mesmerised. Not a song that can boast of great lyrics but it will sure run all through the day in your mind.

#2 Mere Sang - Maybe I have an ear for only mellifluous songs but I wonder if there will be a single list this year without this song in it. Absolutely wonderful. Am sure Sunidhi Chauhan will be nominated for this one in all the upcoming award functions.

#3 Masakali - An exception to soft numbers I love this song for its lyrics and sheer fun it emits. Sung by Mohit Chauhan, this one peps up the mood like no other.

#4 Tu Muskura - from Yuvvraj and sung by Alka Yagnik is spellbinding. Really wonderful use of cello and percussion. A Rahman classic and with old favourite Alka Yagnik singing it gets to be hypnotising. She will sweep the Filmfares and IFFA's for sure.


Now technically speaking there is supposed to be only 5 songs in this list, but I like both these songs and so they tie-up at position 5.

#5 Ek Tara - Wow! talk about soulful lyrics and perfect rendition...Ik tara from Wake Up Sid will not be forgotten easily. Sung by Kavita Seth and Amitabh Bhattacharya the song takes time to get etched in one's memory but once you take a liking to the unusual voice of Kavitha aptly supported by Bhattacharya, there it will remain. Sounds very original and is eminently likeable.

#5 Pehli Baar Mohabbat - Now I am not sure why I like this song over the immensely popular "Dhan Te Nan" from the same film "Kaminey" yet this song stands out for me in the whole album. Yes, its a painfully slow number the picturization is no great shakes either but I love the way the lyrics have fused to the music. Its simply a must-hear on a rainy afternoon.

There thats my list for now.

No comments: